Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Training Myself

When I started training for the Chicago Marathon last year, it was May (I started early).  I had 6 long months of training ahead me, and what I didn't realize at the time was that that training would take place all across America.  I did my long runs in some pretty incredible places - on the streetcar tracks of New Orleans, across the Brooklyn Bridge, around the lakes of inland Michigan - although majority of them took place right here, at home, on the lake front path. After every Saturday run long, I told myself, 'you know, I should be documenting this.' I didn't (because, isn't running 16 miles enough?).

This time around, I'm sticking with it. I have proven to myself that I can be dedicated enough to stick to a training plan, so now, I'm just adding one more level of intensity - writing about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment